Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ's
General Call Forwarding Questions
Will my new phone number be able to receive calls from mobile phones?
- Local phone numbers from are able to accept phone calls from both mobile phones and pay phones as well as from traditional land lines. With a toll-free number, the ability of cell phones and pay phones to use the number will vary based on your country. You will be able to view additional information on toll free numbers when you go to the link that says "View Rates."
How does International Call Forwarding Work?
- When you set up an account with us, you will be able to purchase a local number in hundreds of cities across the globe or a toll free number from over 80 countries worldwide. Then, you will receive the calls from your local/virtual or toll free number(s) on any existing phone number of your choice in India or elsewhere in the world. For more information on Global Call Forwarding works, just click here.
Are there any contracts or long-term commitments?
- No, there is no contract or long-term agreement required for our services. You can cancel your account at any time if you no longer need the number.
Is there a limit to the number of phone numbers that I can order?
- No, there is no limit to the number of phone numbers that you can order. You can choose to purchase all of your numbers at once or add new numbers in the future with our convenient online control panel.
How long does it take to activate my new number?
- Usually, your new phone number will be ready to receive calls within 24 hours after the submission of your order (except on weekends). A customer service representative will contact you if there is a special requirement that will delay the activation of your new number.
Does this service require special equipment?
- Not at all. You only need a phone line to receive the calls placed to your new local or toll free number.
Are there any contracts or long-term commitments?
- No, there is no contract or long-term agreement required
for our services. You can cancel your account at any time if you no
longer need the number.
Do I need to make any changes to my existing phone service to use my new call forwarding number?
- No, your new number will have no effect on your existing phone service, so no changes are required. There is no contract or long term agreement for our services. You can cancel your account at any time if you do not need the number anymore.
Is there a way for the callers to know that I am located in another country?
- No, callers will be dialing your local number and in a few seconds, will reach your phone in India. They will have no way of knowing your location.
Call Forwarding Phone Numbers
How does my call forwarding number differ from my existing phone?
- The only difference is that your Call Forwarding number will be accessible locally in the country you selected and that calls made to your Call Forwarding number will ring at your existing phone in India. It's like having a local or in-country extension for your existing phone.
Are there any special requirements for purchasing toll free numbers?
- While the majority of phone numbers can be purchased without any special requirements, in some cases local authorities require additional information, such as proof of identity or a letter of intent. You can find detailed information about special requirements through our 'View Rates' page for the phone numbers that you wish to order.
What is the difference between local and toll free numbers?
- Local phone numbers are accessible from all of the phones in the local number's country of origin as well as from other countries. The cost of calling a local number for the caller is the same as calling any other local number in that country. On the other hand, toll-free numbers are free of charge to the caller, but only accessible from the phones in the county of its location. Typically, toll free numbers in one country are not accessible from other countries. In addition, toll free numbers may not always be accessible from the mobile phones in that country or may be accessible at a higher rate per minute. Please see additional information on our View Rate page for the number that you wish to purchase.
Do you provide any other types of phone numbers?
- In addition to local and toll-free numbers, we also have national or non-geographic numbers available in some countries. These numbers are very similar to local numbers in terms of accessibility and can be called locally from all phones in that country, but they do not belong to a particular city or geographic coverage area.
Can I choose a particular number as a vanity number?
- Yes, we do offer vanity phone numbers (numbers that spell out words) for USA toll free numbers at an additional $35 cost per number. Please contact our customer support team for special instructions.
Can I transfer my current toll free number to your services?
- Yes! Transferring your USA toll free number to our services is easy and can be completed in just a few days. Please contact us for more details.
What is the coverage area for toll free numbers in the USA and Canada?
- Our U.S. and Canadian toll free numbers are accessible from Canada, the continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and Saipan.
| Global Call Forwarding Technical Support|
How can I contact you if I have problems with the service?
- We provide technical support 24 hours per day, seven days per week for your convenience. One your account has been established with us, we'll provide you with our main office number so that you can contact technical support. You will also have the ability to open a service ticket through your online control panel for a quick resolution to your problem. Log-in details for online account management are provided to you at the time your account has been set up.
What happens when multiple people try to call me at the same time?
- If you purchase a number that accepts simultaneous calling and you
forward the calls to a PBX line, then you may receive multiple calls at
the same number. If you have not selected a PBX line and want to
receive simultaneous calls at different phone numbers, then you can
contact our technical support for a special setup.
Does your service provide DTMF (Dual Tone Multiple Frequencies) tone support?
- Yes, our service supports DTMF tones both ways, meaning that both
the call receiving end and the caller can use DTMF tones to activate a
particular command on an IVR.
How can I be assured that your service will not fail?
- Our underlying provider for this service has almost 20 years of
experience in international calling and has developed an extensive
network of servers, switches and partnerships with Tier 1 level carriers
to ensure the highest service quality and reliability. Their Network
Operations Technology Team monitors call traffic 24 hours per day every
day of the year. They are able to make instant adjustments to ensure
the best call quality possible. In addition, they have multiple failover
systems in place to prevent potential disruptions in service.
How does your ForwardFax feature work?
- Our ForwardFax feature allows you to set your local or toll-free number as a fax number where your incoming faxes are received and forwarded to any email address of your choice. Please note that this service may not work from all numbers, as a successful fax transmission depends on various technical factors. Please view additional info about this option on our 'View Rates' page or contact our tech team for more information.
How does your voicemail and voicemail to e-mail feature work?
- Our voice mail service can be activated from your online control panel and features two settings. 'Do not disturb' will take all of the calls directly to your voice mail, while with the standard setup, calls will go to voice mail only if you do not answer the call or if your phone line is busy. You can listen to your voice mail or change your settings by dialing your number and going to your voice mail menu. You can also listen to your voice mail from your online control panel or choose to send all of your voice mail to your email address as voice files.
Can your forward my calls to a SIP or VoIP device?
- Yes, we can deliver your calls to a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) device. We support almost all IP codecs available on the market today and can provide you technical support to help you set up your SIP or VoIP account.
Can I see the Caller ID number of the party that is dialing my Call Forwarding number?
- Yes! Our system will transparently pass the Caller ID information to your phone from the caller s phone, as long as this info is available to us from the calling party.
Can I view my call details instantly online?
- Yes! Your call details are available to you through your Online Control Panel immediately after the call is completed.
Do I received a detailed invoice with my calls every month?
- Yes, we send you an electronic invoice by email every month with the complete call history for each Call Forwarding number that you have. Your invoice includes your payment details as well as quick reminders about new features to our services. Please note that electronic invoicing is our standard invoice delivery method and is free of charge. However, you may choose to receive your invoices by mail at an additional fee.
Are there any hidden charges, taxes or fees?
- No, there are no hidden or surprise charges. We disclose all of the applicable charges before you purchase a number.
Do you provide phone support for billing questions?
- Yes, you can contact our customer service support representatives for help with your invoice or to answer specific billing questions. Complete contact details are sent to you at the time of account setup.
What are my options for payment?
- You can pay by credit card, PayPal, wire transfer, bank checks, money orders, or Western Union Quick Pay.
Do you offer discounts for large business volume?
- Please contact us directly at 1-727-867-4588 if your call volume will exceed charges of $2,000 per month.
What are the terms and conditions?
- We use industry standard Terms and Conditions. You can view them by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions | International and Global Call Forwarding
IndiaCallForwarding.com is a brand of KoalaCalling.com